HVAC, Furnace & Air Conditioner (AC) Repair Ajax
Residents of Ajax and many of the surrounding areas depend on the HVAC system that their homes are equipped with, especially their heating systems during winter. But we also enjoy having a comfortably cool home during the summer when temperatures and the humidity both peak. Needless to say, we have all become heavily dependent on our HVAC system’s year round performance. So it’s difficult to explain why we take these systems for granted and never provide the care and maintenance they require. Yet when they break down, we suddenly realize that we shouldn’t have neglected to do so.
BOOK SERVICE ONLINE
AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION
Although the well-known Benjamin Franklin quote “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is roughly three centuries old, it still carries a significant amount of value today, especially where our cooling and heating systems are concerned. Preventative maintenance on your HVAC system is the best way to ensure operational efficiency, extend the lifespan of your system, and save money in the process.
At FireIce AC & Heating we offer customizable preventative maintenance plans that can be tailored to accommodate the demands on your HVAC system and ensure that you have a comfortable living environment as well. So how does this plan me money you ask ? Three different ways as follows:
- It ensures the operational efficiency of your HVAC system so you use less energy and reduce the cost of your monthly utility bills
- It extends your cooling and heating system’s life expectancy and helps you avoid paying for premature replacement
- It prevents system breakdowns thereby eliminating future repairs and the costs that are associated with them
While you may see this as an unnecessary expense, a furnace and heating system breakdown in the dead of winter may convince you otherwise. Naturally, there is a slight cost attached to these preventative maintenance plans, but you should look at it as the perfect way to protect a much larger investment – namely your HVAC system.
SIGNS THAT INDICATE TROUBLE
As dependable as today’s HVAC technology is, no system lasts forever. Nor are they immune to the rigors of daily wear and tear. In most cases, the lack of preventative maintenance is the biggest cause for HVAC system breakdowns and failure. While it is inevitable that parts will need to be replaced, the growing frequency of repairs is often a warning sign of pending total failure and the need to replace the system itself.
Even if a breakdown is not imminent, systems that have aged considerably and were not maintained in proper fashion are, at the very least, using additional energy and not operating efficiently. At FireIce AC & Heating, we believe that education is the key to alerting you about a pending breakdown or failure. There are certain signs that indicate the possibility of trouble:
- Decreased airflow and air quality – naturally, you want your living environment to have clean, healthy air and be comfortable temperature wise. A balanced airflow and clean air are essential where this is concerned. Most airflow and air quality problems can be solved with preventative maintenance or, worst case scenario, upgrading your system components.
- Rising monthly utility costs – utility bill increases are attributed to a number of causes including inefficient operation, misuse of energy, and rate increases. By monitoring and comparing electricity and gas usage on your monthly utility bills, you can usually identify the culprit that is causing your rates to rise.
- Uneven cooling or heating of indoor spaces – if one room is cooler or warmer than another while your air conditioning or heating is running, this could indicated a specific problem, namely that your cooling or heating system is cycling too often. If we cannot solve the problem with standard adjustments and tune-ups, replacement may be your only option on the table.
- Your HVAC system is too old to continue repairing – it pays to know how old your cooling or heating systems are. This will be considerably helpful when you are trying to decide between repairing it and replacing it. We will be glad to assist you in the decision-making process by making our recommendations.
For more information about our extensive line of HVAC system services and Air conditioning repair or furnace repair in Ajax, contact FireIce AC & Heating today.
FireIce AC & Heating
57 Plowman Dr
Ajax, ON L1S 6S2
If you’d like to learn more about our preventative maintenance plans or would like more information about our Air conditioning repair and furnace repair services in Guelph and Ajax, contact FireIce AC & Heating and discuss your needs with one of our specialists.